The Taking Control Workshop developed by Shine and supported by HSE Midlands is about practical ways to face life's challenges, whilst maintaining and taking control of your physical and mental wellbeing.
The Aims are as follows;
- To build resilience in the face of life’s challenges and setbacks.
- To enhance coping skills.
- To build and support self esteem and confidence.
After participating, people will:
- Be aware of positive factors in their lives.
- Recognise the physical, mental and emotional effect of stressors.
- Have action plans to safe guard against these stressors.
- Be aware of opportunities and avenues open to them.
- Know professional supports available to them.
- Have an insight into goal setting and planning.
We have structured our workshop so that each module follows on from and builds on prior learning, scaffolding onto new and existing knowledge and encouraging participants to progress from awareness of issues, through to interpretation and on to active problem solving.
We have divided the workshop into 4 modules, as follows;
- Module 1. Self Esteem and Positivity.
- Module 2. My Coping Skills.
- Module 3. Changing the weather in my Head. Signposting my supports and paths to my new life.
- Module 4. Being Resilient. Taking Control.
The course is delivered over the duration of one day, beginning at 9.30am and finishing by 4pm. The next workshop will be held in:
Louth Leader Partnership, COMMUNITY OFFICE, Partnership Court, Dundalk
on Thursday 27th February 2014
How to participate:
If you would like to participate on the one day Taking Control course, please contact Derek Pepper by phone or email at the following contact details;